An Open Letter to the Community from Rosalie Mueller, Chairperson for the Rim Country Senior/Community Center’s Meals on Wheels Walkathon
From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank all of our super team members. Without you, none of this would have been possible. You caught the vision and ran with it. You are awesome!
- Jill Blomgren, my co-chair for the Walkathon and the Volunteer Leader and her team. There had to be close to 60 of you.
- My advertising team: These gals spent hundreds of man-hours doing the really hard job. YOU are my heroes!
- Phyllis Ault, who went into Show Low, Payson, and Heber/Overgaard and met face to face with so many community merchants.
- Barbara Hagan, who among so many things, went into the local schools to invite the kids and to share the Coloring Contest.
- Pat Williams, who reached out to her community contacts.
- Connie Franke, who was tasked with blanketing the town with flyers.
- Diane Christensen, who contacted her fellow realtors.
- Last but NOT least, Vienna Davis, our “Woman on the Street.” who raised over $2000 all by herself.
Also thank you to the following people who added their gifts and talents to the success of our event:
- Kid Zone leader, Barbara Hagan (who dreamed up and orchestrated ALL of the wonderful games and prizes for the Kid Zone) and her team.
- Addie’s Thrift leader, Carrie Moos and her team. And thank you to Carrie and Allen who donated and smoked all the pork for the sandwiches, even with Allen’s broken arm.
- Registration and Cashiers leader, Karol Taylor and her dedicated and resourceful team.
- Bake Sale leader, Alyce Dodds and her team.
- Bazaar Coordinator, Pat Williams.
- Kitchen and Cook leaders, Sue Oberg and Scott Read and their team.
- Set-Up & Clean-Up leader, Dick Blomgren and his team.
- Security leader, JJ Wright and the Navajo County SAV’s.
- Safety leader, Dee McCluskey and the H/O Fire Department.
- Walking Course leader, Will Kerr and his team.
- Meals on Wheels drivers, Travis and Kari who chauffeured our MOW guests.
- Signage team Michele Dorough and Louise Hughes.
Thank you to these additional donors: Jill & Dick Blomgren, Jackie Nolan, Pine Rim Cheap Seats, Premier Auto & Body Shop, Shamrock Foods.
Thank you to these local businesses that donated raffle items: Ace Hardware, Al & Diane’s Red Onion, The Cabin Bar & Grill, Baker’s Ponderosa Cafe, Casa Ramos, Fox Canyon Glass, Mountain Top Fitness, O’Reilly Auto in Snowflake, Pretty Pooch Dog Grooming, Rim Country Quilts & Paper Crafts, Tangled Beauty, Vintage Birdhouses by Mary, and Wild Woods.
Also a special thank you it due to the Family Dollar in Overgaard, who’s patrons raised over $250.