The annual Health and Wellness Fair was held on Saturday August 4, 2018, at the Summit Healthcare Family Medicine at Bison Ranch under a big tent on their property to the west of the medical building. Per tradition, the American Legion Post 86 present the Colors and the National Anthem in the opening ceremonies.
There were many health industry vendors and medical service representatives in attendance to explain their services and products available to the Heber-Overgaard community. A delicious lunch consisting of cooked burgers, dogs, or pulled pork was provided free to attendees by Summit and was prepared by Cowboy Way. There were also free snow cones given away by Summit Healthcare. They also furnished small tote bags available for the fair attendees to carry all the free stuff and brochures.
The Overgaard Ponderosa Lions Club had their Mobile Eye Exam on site with donated professional services by Christian F. Risser, M.D., F.A.C.S., an ophthalmologist/eye surgeon from Payson. The $40 fee collected goes to the Lions Club organization to help with costs for the many programs they offer to the public. You can reach Dr. Risser’s office, North Mountain Eye Specialists, in Payson at 928-474-4126 or in Phoenix at 602-944-3347.
Summit Healthcare showcased many of their services, which continue to increase each year. Represented were:
- Summit Healthcare OBGYN – Dr. Jeffrey Izenberg, Dr. Benjamin Richardson and Sandy Albinger, N.P. Ms. Albinger see patients twice per month in the Overgaard Clinic for pregnancy, well woman exams and other related type services. Phone is 928-537-0635.
- American Lung Association Freedom from Smoking – starting in October, a FREE 8-session, 7-week clinic class to be held in Show Low at the Summit Healthcare Regional Medical Center. (Also available as a video class at the local clinic in Bison Ranch.) Phone 928-537-6303.
- Summit Cares Virtual Doctor Visits 24/7 scheduled to begin this fall. Program will use a mobile app. Check it out at SummitCares.net.
- Treatment for Pain Management by Dax Trujillo, M.D. Phone 928-532-1605
- Summit Healthcare Rehabilitation Services to begin this fall at the Bison Ranch Family Clinic including physical and occupational therapy and speech language pathology.
- Other programs represented by Summit Healthcare are Pulmonary Rehab, Diabetes Education, Lung Cancer screening, Olack Plastic Surgery, Healthy Steps (assistance for parents) and MD Save, the new cost saving program where patients can pre-pay for health care services online ahead of time and save up to 60% of the regular cost.
Other businesses represented at the fair were:
- Rim Country Community Center
- Genius 3D Mammography
- TOPS Weight loss
- Knitted Knockers (knitted prosthetics for breast cancer survivors)
- Costco Wholesale
- National Alliance on Mental Illness White Mountains
- Ballard Senior Home Care
- Navajo County Public Health Services
- Squire Foot and Ankle (Snowflake)
- Arizona Department of Health Services WIC
- Compassus Hospice and Palliative Care
- Rim Community Library
- Cowboy Way Catering
We apologize for any missed organizations as it was certainly unintentional. As you can see, there were many vendors this year.
This is always an informative and fun event for everyone, including children. Thank you to Summit Healthcare and all of their vendors for this year’s health fair. We appreciate your services in keeping the White Mountains and our community with the best in care options as well as your investment in our communities.