The Center has had some great craft vendors this season. There is one more coming up on Saturday September 8th at 8:00 am where you may find some unique early Christmas gifts.
The Empty Pantry Dinner/Fundraiser was a great evening and very successful in raising money for the winter season according to the Center’s Board President Dick Blomgren. “The evening went extremely well. We had a sold out dinner, received many food donations; the silent auction went well and everyone had a great time,” said Blomgren. Scott Read, the Center’s chef prepared a dinner of herbed chicken with white sauce, grean beans with bacon, twice baked potatoes, Tollhouse biscuits and cake and ice cream for dessert for a full house. Thanks to the event coordinators Paula Solgato and Jill Blomgren for a job well done and to all of the many volunteers who served including Alan and Penny and their team.
Following are some of this month’s activities:
- TUESDAY TALKS-Tues Sep 4 at 9:30am. Local emergency medical helicopter transport companies discuss their insurance plans.
- Bazaar Sep 8 at 8:00am
- Spaghetti Dinner followed by Bingo is on Saturday Sep 22 at 5:00pm. Get your reservation in early as this event usually sells out.
- 2018 Football Books are now available for a $25 donation. You get 15 changes to win $50 plus the Superbowl purse of $250. You don’t have to know anything about football to win. It’s all about the game scores and the numbers in the book you buy; in other words, it’s all about luck. We track the winners and send you the check – easy peasy.
- Exercise: Walking class Mon, Wed, Fri at 9:00; Yoga Thur 4:30pm, Line Dancing Mon & Wed at 6:00pm.
- Games: Cards Mon, Thur, Fri at 1:00pm; Bunco Thur at 6:15pm
- Art Class: Wed at 1:00pm
- Gentlemen’s Coffee Thur 8:00am
- NACOG/Area Agency on Aging Family Caregiver Support Program – Caregiver Education Series: Sep 27-Oct 25 Thursdays 9:00 to 11:00am. To register email Lita Nelson at Lnelson@nacog.org or call toll-free 1-877-521-3500
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 11:30-12:00 Mon-Fri Everyone is welcome. Reservations required to ensure enough servings are prepared. 928-535-5525
Call the office with any questions or for daily dinner reservations at 928-535-5525.