In past years Big 5 Sporting Goods stores have graciously assisted us in the sales of Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Christmas tree permits, however, their contract expired this year. No vendors in the Phoenix, Tucson, or Flagstaff areas will be selling these permits this year. The nearest location for residents of these communities to purchase a permit will be the Mogollon Rim Visitor Center or the Black Mesa Ranger District. There are 7500 available.
Cutting Dates 2015: Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests: November 16-December 24
Permit Sales at Forest Service Offices for 2015:
- Permits must be purchased in person, and cannot be sold online or over the phone.
- All five Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Ranger District offices: 11/16/15 – 12/24/15 (928) 333-6280 Hours M-F 8am-4:30pm
- Mogollon Rim Visitors Center: 11/27/15 – 12/19/15 from 9am – 3:30 pm weather permitting. Cash only sales in this location.
The cost per permit is $15 for a tree up to 10 feet tall. For trees over 10 feet, you must contact the ranger district and make arrangements through them.
General Rules for Christmas Tree Permits
- One Christmas tree permit allowed per household – for personal use only.
- Two additional permits can be obtained for friends/family. This equals three permits total.
- Trees must be cut within designated cutting areas.
- There are no refunds on Christmas tree permits.
Maps and additional information including safety tips are available online at:
Or call the hotline at (928) 333-6229.